What is the difference between the tin cure (condensation cure )silicone rubber and platinum cure (addition cure) silicone rubber ？
1. The mixing ratio of A and B is different
The mixing ratio of condensation cure silicone is normally 100:2~100:5, some from European and USA is 10:1.
The mixing ratio of addition silicone is normally 1:1, 10:1, 9:1
2. Addition cure silicone is odorless, environmental friendly, and food grade. So the raw material of addition cure silicone is more expensive than that of condensation cure silicone, so does the price.
3. Addition silicone has a wider range of applications, such as used for food, life casting, tire mold casting and so on.
4. The shrinkage of condensation cure silicone is low, about 0.3%; While addition cure silicone is with lower shrinkage, about 0.1%.
5. Addition cure silicone can be transparent, even high transparent, of course the price is more expensive.
However, condensation cure silicone can be white or other colors too, but no transparent.
6. Temperature resistance is different, addition cure silicone is better than condensation cure silicone in this performance.
Condensation cure silicone: 100-150C
Addition cure silicone: 150-220C
Company: GUANGDONG SEMOST BIOTECHNOLOGY CO.,LTD
Add: 18th Building, Songke Court, Songshan Lake S&T Park, Dongguan, Guangdong, China